Friday 24 June 2011

Colt in a Box


I did a post about getting Pip used to being in a box quite some time ago, so now I am going to do a follow up post to show how he’s getting on.





He is very good about going in his box now, no time is wasted he will walk straight in with no problem now, as you can see he is having a nice feed we started giving him a feed in the stable, it has helped a lot.




He still isn’t quite right, he’ll go in to have his feed no problem but isn’t too happy about have to stay after his feed but he is getting used to it now, and boxing him is no longer a problem, we have no intentions of keeping him boxed for any real amount of time but it’s nice to have a well behaved pony.





And here is a photo of him checking out all the neat stuff that comes with a box, like soft and comfy bed, still think he would like the paddock more, he is back out with all the others now enjoying the new haylage.




In other goings on Tipper was great about having his feet picked up today, he almost picked up the first one straightaway, bit less cooperative with the second one, but we got it done pretty quick compared to before, so I am happy him.

Thanks for the comments on my last post.

Sherri, I think you are right, animals are good at telling if something is not quite right for them, especially Murphy I think he likes his job as haylage critic.

Abby, yes we may have to put the ponies in a different piece of the paddock to stop them getting too fat, but for now they are ok so they can munch in peace. And yes the cloud was full of rain, lots and lots of rain, but the weather has been pretty good today.

Mary, hello it’s always nice to see new followers, hope you enjoy reading my blog. Thanks glad you like the photo of the cloud.


Debi, thanks for the tip, they are already having a small feed a day but if they don’t show any improvement we will have to increase their hard feed. Our paddock is anything but laminitis green but we will have to watch the ponies on the haylage Murphy is a very good doer.

Autumn Mist, no there is no wining with a mix of equines, I think we are going to have to start taking Niko to have his food in the stable because he is useless at getting anything to eat when the others are around, oh well.








7 comments:

Mary said...

I just think Pip is the cutest little thing, I love his furry legs! I'm glad he is liking his box. Thank you for joining my blog! I hope it puts a grin on your face.

Sherri B. said...

I think Pip is so cute too. And Tipper is quite proud of his excellent oral hygiene. Hahaha! Have a great weekend!

RDA Pony Tales said...

I am pleased Pip is getting used to his box now. It makes life much easier if you can just put them in and leave them without a fuss. Great news about Tipper, patience always pays off, so well done for your approach to dealing with his feet.
Hope you have a great weekend. Abby

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

ah, pip is such a cutie patutie! :) love your pic of tipper and his nice teeth...good shot! pip's box is so nice, i sure hope he learns to love it. thanks for your nice comment on my blog. have a great sunday!

ted and bunny said...

hiya- just came over from Abby's blog to say what a sweetie Pip looks.

I had the reverse problem- Bruce was used to a stabled regime and really wasn't sure about staying OUT all day!
Needless to say, once a cob realises he can fill his tummy for a WHOLE DAY, his attitude changes somewhat :))

xx

Tammy Vasa said...

Edward - Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's good to meet you. I'm looking forward to perusing your blog! :)

RDA Pony Tales said...

Thanks Edward for letting me know about the problems with commenting from KK at allhorsestuff. I will try the "pop up" commenting as you suggested to see if that helps. Much appreciated! Abby