Wednesday 23 March 2011

Murphy's Bath Time


Today I gave Murphy his first ever bath, it was also the first time I had given a pony or horse a bath. He was pretty good about it for never having one before.

But there is always a catch, lets just say I didn't know he was going to do that.

Here we are giving him a good hose down, then we put the shampoo on, gave him a rubbing and washed it all off.



I had decided to give him a bath today because it was such a nice day and so I thought that we could just turn him out and he'd dry off in the sun.


And here he is going out to dry off you can probably guess what happened.




Oh why did I not think of him doing that.


And so I have learnt a valuable lesson today always bring towels if you are giving your horse or pony a bath and dry them very well before turning them out.





3 comments:

Sherri B. said...

I am so sorry, but, I am now laughing..I know it is probably not funny to you. It reminds me of something our dogs would do...Better luck next time!!

RDA Pony Tales said...

Oh no... and after such a good job you did too! The horses and ponies are rolling alot at the moment as their winter coats are coming out. We had a child on a pony that got down to roll during a lesson. There was a side walker with him so she was able to catch the little boy before he fell off and the lady who was leading managed to get the pony up before he ruined his saddle.
Sorry all your hard work ended with a dirty pony, but it looks like Murphy had a good time anyway! Abby

Michelle said...

I just knew you were going to say that even before I saw the picture. That is so frustrating. I put Rosie in cross ties and then used a horse squeege to pull the water out of her hair. Otherwise, she would have rolled too. Then after she dried, I would put a slinky on her to keep her clean....especially before a show.